Base Gagetown Community History Association

Clones
Queens County, New Brunswick
Including School Districts of North & South Clones

  • Cemeteries:
  • Churches:
    • United Church of Canada
  • Maps/Lands:
    • Map of North and South Clones - 1953 
    • Clones: Settlement, 13 mi. S of Gagetown: Petersville Parish, Queens County: named for Clones, County Monaghan, Ireland from where Johnston Cooper, first postmaster, came: PO 1869-1911: in 1866 Clones was a farming community with approximately 58 resident families: in 1898 Clones had 1 store and a population of 75: area is now part of CFB Gagetown. Ref: Community Place Names in New Brunswick, Canada, complied by Robert F. Fellows
    • North Clones: Settlement, 13 mi. N of Welsford: Petersville Parish, Queens County: community named for Clones, County Monaghan, Ireland: PO 1911-1918. Ref: Community Place Names in New Brunswick, Canada, compiled by Robert F. Fellows
    • South Clones: Settlement, 11 mi. N of Welsford: Petersville Parish, Queens County: PO 1882-1952: in 1898 Clones South was a farming settlement with 1 store, 1 church and a population of 70 and today it is a dispersed community. Community Place Names in New Brunswick, Canada, compiled by Robert F. Fellows
  • Schools:
    • North Clones (DND Lot # C-33-3) 1 acre
    • South Clones (DND Lot #  Nil) - This school closed its doors following the 1911 season, when there were just four pupils in attendance. From this time onward any student from this area attended the school in North Clones.
  • Residents:
  • South Clones Families:

Back to Communities